CloudNOW announced the winners of its first Annual Award at Cloud Connect, in Santa Clara, California. The women were recognized for their thought leadership and contributions to the cloud.
The cloud is recognized throughout the industry as representing the next generation in IT, and CloudNOW, a non-profit executive consortium of the leading women in cloud computing, the next generation of women's tech organizations. Winners were selected through a process of industry nominations and applications, with final selection based on outstanding contributions to the cloud.
'Cloud computing is going through an exciting and vibrant evolution and many of the leading participants are women,' said Bernard Golden, who sits on the CloudNOW Advisory Board. 'Fostering conversations and collaboration on cloud computing is critical and an organization that provides an opportunity for that discussion is an excellent addition to the ecosystem.'
The following women in cloud computing were honored with CloudNOW Top Women in Cloud Awards:
- Padmasree Warrior, CTO, Cisco
- Lauren States, CTO of Cloud Computing, IBM
- Vanessa Alvarez, Analyst, Infrastructure and Operations, Forrester Research
- Jamie Dos Santos, President of Terremark, a Verizon company
- Jill T. Singer, CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Becky Swain, Founder of the Cloud Security Alliance
- Lori MacVittie, Senior Technical Analyst, F5 Networks
- Ellen Rubin, Founder of CloudSwitch, Terremark, a Verizon company
- Dawn Leaf, Senior Executive for Cloud Computing, NIST
- Jamie Erbes, Cloud Labs Director, HP Fellow, HP
CloudNOW is a consortium of the leading women in cloud computing focused on cloud as the main IT conversation promoting women in tech and preventing their isolation from the industry at large.
Cloud Connect is the premier event of the cloud computing industry and acts as both a conference and an exhibition.